In a Nutshell
- Personality test-based matchmaking system
- Exclusively mature singles network
- Personality insights
- No video chat option
- Little info found online about company
Best for: Older, mature singles in the UK
User base: Heterosexual seniors
Number of members: N/A
Recommended age: 50+
Favourite features: Personality test matchmaking algorithm
- 50s Love has a personality-based algorithm. This means you are going to have to fill out a rather lengthy profile questionnaire before you can start getting match suggestions. So be prepared to spend several minutes (around 15-20, depending on how long it takes you to decide on the answers) filling out your profile.
- You’ll answer a few basic questions like when your birthday is, what your religious beliefs are, what your marital status is, and what your profession is. It’ll also ask you questions about your preferences concerning your partner, like what age range and what height range you’d prefer them to fall into.
- Then 50s Love has a few more interesting questions for you to answer to help better get to know you. For example, one question shows you 2 different images and asks you to click on the one you like better. The questionnaire definitely goes into more detail and has more varied types of questions than your typical online dating profile form. But in our book, that’s a good thing. It means you’ll get more precise match results because the system is really getting to know you, your personality, and your preferences. Good show, 50s Love.
- 50s Love has a lot of advice and instructions right on the website to help you navigate the initial setup and introductions process. For example, on the very first page, 50s Love gives you step-by-step instructions on how to create a winning profile. Your member profile is the first and most important point of reference other singles have for you, so it’s important that the profile is strong, clear, and impressive. 50s Love gives you pointers on how to write out the profile that will tell your story for better exposure.
Matchmaking & Search Functions
As mentioned, 50s Love uses a scientific matchmaking system to pair you up with the most relevant profiles in the database. You’ll begin by taking the detailed personality test we discussed in the previous section.
From there, the algorithm takes over. Every day, 50s Love will send you 3-7 matches based on your personality test answers. The algorithm uses things like goals, values, locations, personality, and your preferences to match people up with other members. And since the matches are based on scientific data, 50s Love is surprisingly accurate. This is a great feature that can save people a lot of time and heartache running after matches that are totally unsuitable for them.
If you want to search manually, you can click on the matches section of the site and type in your preferences. Filter by name, city, or job description. Alternatively, you can narrow down the results by with/without photo, in your contacts, favourites, or new to the site. Search results will also be based on your initial profile answers and preferences (which you can change at any point).
Features & Communication Tools
50s Love has some great features to help you along your dating journey. The most impressive one has to be the personality test, but there are some others worth noting. For example, the match profile values are shown on each profile, telling you how compatible you are with another profile for faster and easier dating selection.
50s Love also sends out useful notifications via email, telling you which profiles have shown interest in you during the day.
Safety & Security
50s Love is serious about safety. It runs security checks every day to ensure the validity of each profile that is created on the website. Additionally, 50s Love uses SSL encryption and fraud detection systems on the website to keep all transactions and interactions safe and secure.
How Much Does 50s Love Cost?
Like most dating sites, 50s Love has a free version that is very limited, as well as three premium membership options. The freemium plan allows members to fill out the personality test and view other member profiles. You can also send icebreakers and smilies to other members. But if you want to do anything more than that, you’ll need to sign up for a paying account.
Premium memberships allow you to have unlimited conversations, send unlimited messages, and get personalized insights about your matches and profiles. It’s worth noting that the three-month plan only gives you unlimited communications and intelligent matchmaking. Those are great features in and of themselves, but if you want more advanced features like detailed personality insights, you’ll need to sign up for the 6 or 12-month premium memberships.
Help & Support
50s Love has a tremendous help centre where you can learn all the answers to the common questions you might have. This includes setting up your account, getting started, troubleshooting, technical issues, and even dating tips and tricks. You can also get in touch with 50s Love customer care team via the online chat bot or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Love on 50s Love
To sum it all up, 50s Love is a great option for singles 50 years or older looking for any type of relationship or companionship. The site is easy to use, even for non-technical folks, profiles are information-rich, and there’s even a mobile app on the way. But what makes 50s Love really stand out above the rest is the detailed profile questionnaire that is used to make scientifically-based matches within the network with uncanny accuracy.